Fusion Mushroom Soup
From Jens' Hjørne
This is a soup that my daughter created. The starting comments are the ones she gave me, when I got the recipe from her.
Carrot and corn play a big role in sweetening the soup. They further add some different consistency while you bite into them. Broccoli is added to make sure you're well full, as it is very filling and high in fibre and vitamin C. I would really recommend adding chicken and making the broth from the bones instead, but it wasn't an option for me today, when I made it.
You can use dried Shiitake and parsley, but the fresh ones are probably better. Although dried shiitake mushrooms will better soak up the broth.
I used dried ones but feel free to use fresh ones. I'm not sure if fresh and dried mushrooms have a difference, but the mushrooms does play a big role in the soup. The dried shittake mushrooms soak up the broth slowly and their blackness will darken the soup plus add a bit of bitterness.
- Corn on the cob
- Shiitake (or other) mushrooms
- Chicken stock or vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- Boil the stock with the corn and mushrooms in it for 5-10 minutes. Keep the mushrooms whole.
- Add everything else to the soup and heat, leaving the parsley aside for the last minute.
- When the brocolli start changing colour, as they adapt to the soup's colour. Take out the mushrooms and slice them.
- Re-add the sliced mushrooms and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.